TARGETED INTERVENTION FOR DELAYED LANGUAGE
Talk Boost KS1 is a targeted intervention for 4-7 year old children with language that is delayed, including children in Reception classes. The programme is delivered in primary schools by classroom teachers and teaching assistants and provides a structured programme that boosts children’s progress in language and communication by an average of 9 – 18 months after a ten week intervention.
Children who are selected to take part in the intervention will attend three sessions per week in small groups, each lasting 30-40 minutes delivered by the teaching assistant. The sessions include activities that cover the key elements of language: Attention and Listening, Vocabulary, Building Sentences, Telling Stories and Conversations. In addition, the teacher will run a weekly whole-class activity and there are activities that can be practiced at home.
- Supports children who are not achieving their expected levels of progress in their language development
- Can be used to demonstrate to Ofsted how you are focussing on developing staff skills
- Help to build relationships with parents, by reinforcing the language skills the child learned during the group sessions
- Demonstrates the effective use of your Pupil Premium allocation
- An all-in-one speech and language solution package
- Can be used by non speech and language specialists
- Proven to improve children’s language and communication through our evidence base
- Designed to be sustainable so you can deliver the intervention multiple times to new groups of children
- A dedicated team at I CAN to support you to maximise the impact of Early Talk Boost in your setting
- Identify, monitor and track children’s progress before and following the intervention with the online tracker
WHAT DOES TALK BOOST INCLUDE?
TALK BOOST TRAINING AND INTERVENTION PACKAGES
There are two parts to Talk Boost KS1.
The first is Talk Boost KS1 training delivered by I CAN’s regional team of Licensed Tutors. The training is suitable for reception, year one and year two teachers and teaching assistants. Participants will develop the skills and knowledge to understand the rationale behind Talk Boost KS1, identify appropriate children, measure their progress and deliver the intervention successfully.
The second is the Talk Boost KS1 Intervention Pack. The pack includes everything you need to run the intervention.
Suitable for all EYFS Teachers and TA's
- Personal Licensed Tutor
- Measure student progress and deliver intervention more effectively
- Develop the skills and knowledge behind Talk Boost KS1
Talk Boost KS1 Intervention Pack
- Intervention Manual containing detailed group session plans and resources
- Teacher Manual that guides teachers in selecting the right children & tracking their progress
- 12 Children’s Activity books
- Access to our Classroom Checklist, Online Tracker Tool and Child Attitude Survey