GET IN TOUCH
THE EASTWARDS CONSORTIUM
WHO ARE WE?
The Eastwards Consortium are a group of schools that work together to provide the highest quality of education to children in the East of Birmingham.
The local authority provided the consortium with funding for the ‘Developing Local Provision’ (DLP) project. This project would focus on an area that the head teachers felt that they needed support with.
The clear priority area identified for the schools was communication and language; schools identified that Key Stage One was the priority within this.
To find out more information about the DLP project, please follow the button below.
EQUALITY FOR ALL
A key part of this project is equality for all. We want all children to benefit from this project, and all schools wherever they are on their school improvement journey.
PASSIONATE ABOUT DEVELOPMENT
At Eastwards Consortium, we put children first. We believe in the developing of young adults both socially and emotionally, and provide numerous supporting tool kits and session to help with achieving our goal.
ENCOURAGING INNOVATION AND ENGAGEMENT
In the Eastwards Consortium, we encourage innovation through supported research projects, based on measured impact, and sharing best practice with the other schools
SUPPORT WITH THE WELLCOMM TOOLKIT
It was decided that a speech and language toolkit would be used to support children. The Wellcomm toolkit was chosen due to its success in many areas of the country.
The practical experience with the children was very valuable. Also, the group discussion raised different issues and ideas.
Amazing Presentation and Session
Well done to the both of you! Practical session was amazing as well as the presentation.
Well-Paced and Clear Delivery
Well-paced – keep it up. Very clear – well done!
WHAT CAN THE DLP TEAM DO FOR YOUR SCHOOL?
If this does not meet the requirements of your school, please contact our team for a bespoke package.
Training for Wellcomm Early Years and Wellcomm Primary
- Training for senior leadership
- Training for teachers and teaching assistants
- Tailored support to meet your needs
- Opportunity to put the training into practise with children
Support with data and how to use the Wellcomm Wizard
- Planning interventions with staff using the Big Book of Ideas
- Modelling of interventions
- Team teaching of interventions
- Monitoring of interventions carried out by the staff at your school
Workshops on Wellcomm
- Support with how to work with your child at home
- A dedicated Twitter page that is updated daily with activities that parents can do at home with their child
- A SharePoint that allows parents to send videos of their child completing activities that will support school staff with their assessments