At Eastwards Consortium, our focus is primarily on educating and developing the next generation of our society. This section showcases off our ‘Wellcomm Primary’ activity set, and below you will find a set of tabs which depict these tasks further. If you find children are struggling with a task or, on the other hand, passing with flying colours, indications and suggestions are proposed in each section to ensure you keep all children challenged and on-task as much as possible.
To view the various parts of each activity, simply click on the respective tab and watch it magically appear!
TO BE ABLE TO RECOGNISE AND CORRECT GRAMMATICAL MISTAKES
1. Show the child the following clip of Superman flying: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IYdg1Y8S0N0
2. Get the child to talk about what the child can see and what Superman is doing in the video.
3. When talking about the video, make deliberate grammatical mistakes and check if the child can correct them. For example: ‘Superman flied in the sky.’ The child should correct and say ‘Superman flew in the sky.’
HOW CAN WE MAKE THIS ACTIVITY MORE CHALLENGING?
– Record the conversation and ask the child to identify their errors.
HOW CAN WE MAKE THIS ACTIVITY EASIER?
– Offer the child choices for their grammatical errors. For example – ‘Did Superman flied in the sky or flew in the sky?’