At Eastwards Consortium, our focus is primarily on educating and developing the next generation of our society. This section showcases off our ‘Wellcomm Primary’ activity set, and below you will find a set of tabs which depict these tasks further. If you find children are struggling with a task or, on the other hand, passing with flying colours, indications and suggestions are proposed in each section to ensure you keep all children challenged and on-task as much as possible.
To view the various parts of each activity, simply click on the respective tab and watch it magically appear!
TO USE THE 'ER' SUFFIX TO DESCRIBE A PERSON CARRYING OUT AN ACTION
1. Show the child the following table:
2. Explain to the child that in these cases, the verb can change into a noun when the suffix of –er is added.
3. Use the words in the table and model how these change. For example, ‘A person who paints is a painter. A person who sings is a singer.’
HOW CAN WE MAKE THIS ACTIVITY MORE CHALLENGING?
– Use unfamiliar verbs.
HOW CAN WE MAKE THIS ACTIVITY EASIER?
– Play a matching game with the verb and the noun by drawing the verb and the noun. For example, for the verb ‘paints,’ draw a paintbrush and for the noun ‘painter,’ draw a person painting.
– Model the correct sentences to the child.
Match the pictures to the words, and complete a sentence for each one e.g. ‘Some one who dances is a dancer’.